TIP OF THE MONTH
Wowzers, October is here, the leaves are starting to turn and blow along the streets as if a fully orchestrated dance. October also means that it’s a great time to share that I have been brewing another little being inside, yes, I am expecting again and feeling great! So grateful for this opportunity once more!
Having said that, I am just now starting a maternity leave and so the monthly club will continue again in January. Like the bears, I will be burrowing in a warm cozy cocoon for a bit. Sign ups for January are starting now however, so do let me know that you will be joining us!
Along with the adult monthly groups, I will be starting monthly pop up classes for kids. I was inspired to do so, as I see how much Noah loves to immerse himself in the paints. . . .and the studio is the perfect place to do so! There will also be pop up workshops for adults, of which dates will be announced!
La Vie En Rose will be a bit longer at Paleis Soestdijk and then is looking for new placement, local and international alike. Do let me know if you have a contact person with a public space.
Now back to the leaves, let’s experience the amazing shapes of nature by using the leaves as a template for a fun exercise. The exercise is shown in the video and the exercise is explained in the tip of the month below. . .First thing to do is to gather a couple of leaves in your coat and bring them home. It’s also such a fun exercise to do on a rainy day, so be prepared with your materials, then call your family and friends to join in! You can watch the video above, or read the tips of this month below.
Wishing you a smooth October. . .
Do give the tip of this month a go. Feel free to contact me when you are ready to explore your next chapter together, regardless of location. With Skype, Whattsap Video and Factime at our fingertips locations know no boundaries as well!
OUR TIP THIS MONTH:
My tip this month is to create with the falling leaves.
- Collect a handful of leaves, fun to have different shapes, though you can do this exercise with just one leaf as well!
- Gather some art materials. . .one of these. . .or all: . . .pastels. . .charcoal. . .watercolors, acrylics. . .paper
- Start with placing one leaf on the paper and arbitrarily add the art material over the leaf.
- Now support the leaf with one hand so that it doesn’t move and rub the pigment over the leaf with your other hand. . .or brush. . .onto the paper below.
- When you lift the leaf, you should see the shape of the leaf on the paper.
- Continue with the same, or new leaf in another area of the paper. Allow the images to overlap, creating layers.
1) Paleis Soestdijk Art Installation: Come to Paleis Soestdijk. Don’t forget to #daniellarubinovitz & #lavieenrose your social media shots so I can see you in action. More info and pictures at: https://www.daniellarubinovitz.com/artist/throughrosecoloredglasses/ . . .and of course check out the party going on on my instagram page: #daniellarubinovitz.
2) SMART Intuitive 7 Month Painting Club: We will resume on the 23rd of January, 2018 with mostly monthly in-person meetups at the studio. This journey starts 6:30pm- 9:30pm Amsterdam time. We meet in person, on a Tuesday evening. Sign up now! Newcomers to the studio may be able to attend one class as a one time single workshop (as long as space permits). https://www.daniellarubinovitz.com/painting_workshops_retreats_offsites/intuitive-painting-monthly-workshops/
3) POP Up Monthly Class for kids on a Sunday in two groups 1-3.5 years 10-11:00am and 3.5-6 years 11:30-12:30. This is something new, and will start up on a Sunday in January as well! Full on self expression mode, with space to explore child friendly materials, fulfilling their imagination and create. Inquire more about this with me.
4) SMART week retreats in Amsterdam and Greece: For those that like to plan in advance: In 2018 I have two new retreats. One in Amsterdam, one in Greece.
The week retreat in Amsterdam will be on 9-13 July 2018.
The week retreat in Lesbos, Greece is on approximately 20-26 May 2018. There are direct flights available and I am waiting for their schedule. . .based on this, the dates may shift slightly.