June: Royal June . . .
TIP OF THE MONTH
Royal June, we bow to you!
Summertime! Here in Amsterdam, we just passed a bit of a heatwave. Though, as I sit here writing you this note, this wave has passed on. . . Rain or shine however, I am exploring what it means to feel ROYAL!
This topic is inspired, as my art installation, La Vie En Rose is installed front and center at Paleis Soestdijk. This is the former palace of the Dutch Royal Family. Queen Juliana lived here with her family for over 6 decades. Now it’s open to the public as a museum to tour the palace and stroll around the abundant grounds. It’s a fun get away for the day, especially as they offer family events throughout the season. This weekend was an art, jazz and wine event, and as you can see in my video above, the girls in their cute royal dresses are running through and climbing the installation.
Having said that, it’s fun seeing my installation have a life of its own, travel and able to interact with the public. And indeed, it has been a hit with public interaction! Keukenhof was a setting which attracted international visitors (1 million visitors in 2 months), while Paleis Soestdijk, attracts an abundance national visitors.
So back to royalty! What makes something royal, and what makes June a royal month?
Well, observing the energy of this place, I get the feeling of space, tidiness, aesthetics, taken care of, spaciousness grounds, nature oasis, politeness, feeling of respect, dignity, historical, a general sense of clarity. Yes, these are the first things that come to mind in a royal setting.
This is what feels so royal about June as well! Warmer weather gives us space to be outside and explore our parks, beaches and open waters. All of a sudden the city opens up to an abundance of grounds to explore. Summer holidays, when we can, give us time and space to travel, to take time off, do what we like.
It’s the perfect setting to go out with our sketchbook. To be out in nature and frolic around. We get to be leisurely with our time. We may choose to pamper ourselves and know that we so very much deserve it! Rough doodles in our sketchbooks allow us to get out of our thinking and instead witness and explore deeper feelings. . .or not. So this feeling of clarity and abundance gives a good start of what we might discover about the royalties of June.
Even when we don’t travel and we apply learnings of royalty, the general feeling of space and tidiness is top of my list in creating that feeling of abundance. I have been playing with creating a renewed space, in the studio. I have already done a huge cleanup and discarded items that were accumulated over the years. What a renewed energy that is buzzing here. Uncluttered space gives me the feeling of luxury, dignity of possibilities. Its again taking that time that we deserve to take, pause and reset.
As you read this, what ideas pop into your mind of a Royal June?
Please give the tip of this month a go and do contact me when you are ready for individual guidance defining your next chapter! Believe!
OUR TIP THIS MONTH:
My tip this month is to treat yourself like a King or Queen!
- Grab your sketchbook and discover through writing/ doodling what this means to you.
- Choose 3 things that come up as ahas.
- Translate these 3 things into 3 things that you could do this month.
- Get going! Make appointments, arrangements, set time in your schedule to be ROYAL!
1) SMART Week retreat: Book one of the last spots now for the week retreat happening on: July 10-14th Note, perhaps this painting retreat in Amsterdam is just the destination for you this summer, should me time, creativity, self-expression, culture and adventure be on your list (ps yum stracciatella ice cream as well!). Details: https://www.daniellarubinovitz.com/painting_workshops_retreats_offsites/intuitive-painting-retreats/
2) Paleis Soestdijk Art Installation: Come to Paleis Soestdijk until December 20th. Don’t forget to #daniellarubinovitz & #lavieenrose your social media shots so I can see you in action. More info and pictures at: https://www.daniellarubinovitz.com/artist/throughrosecoloredglasses/ . . .and of course check out the party going on on my instagram page: #daniellarubinovitz . This installation is again hitting a chord with visitors!